Saturday, July 16

Tried It & Loved It: Peaches 'n Cream Muffins














I know, I know.  

Another muffin recipe.  But muffins are my go to breakfast in the morning and I love trying new recipes out!

And peaches 'n cream in a muffin?  Be still my heart.

I love these!  And I love that it calls for honey as a sweetener.  I don't use honey all too often--mostly because I don't know how to substitute honey for sugar because honey is a liquid and I never know how that will throw off the wet to dry ratio in most baking recipes.

I did change these just a little, because when making these the first time, I thought it had a lot of wet ingredients, so I omitted the 1/2 cup of half and half.  The batter was the perfect muffin consistency and they still turned out beautifully!



























Peaches 'N Cream Muffins ~ slightly adapted from Amy at The Finer Things in Life

2 eggs
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup cooking oil (I used coconut)
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup half n half (I omitted this entirely!)
2 ripe peaches, chopped (I used one 14.5 oz. can of peaches (not the heavy syrup kind), drained and chopped.....peaches are so not in season yet!)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups flour (I used fresh ground, soft white wheat)

Beat eggs and mix in honey, coconut oil, butter, and sour cream.  Fold in chopped peaches.   In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients and fold into wet ingredients until just moistened.

Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes.  Makes about one dozen muffins.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails