Saturday, October 24

Menu Plan Monday

It feels so good to have a menu plan and also have a kitchen in working order once again. This past week was an expensive reminder of why it is such good thing to menu plan. I am going grocery shopping tomorrow--it should be interesting because I don't have a Winco here. (Sniff.)
I stalked up on a lot of the bulk foods I bought regularly before we moved, but with the dairy and produce I couldn't for obvious reasons. I stopped by the store earlier this week and WOW, was it expensive. Nearly everything I bought was about 30% more than what I am used to paying. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I will definitely be shopping the ads here to try and get the most for my money. I am also going to the Grocery Outlet to see what they have and if it is any cheaper. And there is always Costco. The only bad thing with that is that you have to buy so many at a time. I guess if I go that route it will force me to take a good look at my cupboards as I sit down to menu plan for the week. SO, without further ado...

Sunday-Roast Chicken, Green Beans, Garlic Mashed Potatoes (I put the chicken in the crock pot. It's soo easy and it turns out so good! FYI~Albertson's has whole chickens on sale for $.49/lb.! I bought three!)

Monday-Pork Fried Rice, Steamed Broccoli (never got to this before we moved)

Tuesday-Spaghetti, Green Beans, French Bread

Wednesday-Chicken Noodle Soup (using the leftovers from Sunday)

Thursday-Orechiette w/ Mini Chicken Meatballs (I saw this on the Today Show a couple of weeks ago and thought I needed to try it!), Steamed Broccoli

Friday-Leftovers (DH is working late)

Saturday-Potato Soup


2 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Glad to hear you are getting settled. Good luck with finding a store that works for you. It's always so stressful to find something new that works.

Victoria said...

Yay! A move can be so nice, a great time to start fresh! =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails