Monday, October 10

Chunky Bleu Cheese Dressing

After making this amazing spread, I had some bleu cheese leftover and I decided to make some bleu cheese dressing. I get in such a rut with my homemade ranch dressing (as I've mentioned before) and I forget that there are some other great salad dressings out there.  And we all love bleu cheese in our house--even the Peanut.  This child snacks on bleu cheese crumbles.  Yes, snacks on them.  I love bleu cheese and all, but snacking on it is even a little much for me.  I can't complain though, because she has a very diverse palette. 

So without further ado....




























Chunky Bleu Cheese Salad Dressing

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup bleu cheese crumbles (as always, you can't beat the price at Costco for this!  WAY cheaper than the grocery store!)
1 clove garlic, minced
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Mix all ingredients together and use as a dip or top on a green salad.   This is a little thick--we like it that way!--but if you prefer, you can thin it down with a few tablespoons of milk.



♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

This recipe is linked to:

Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday
Blessed With Grace Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Designs By Gollum Foodie Friday
Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap
Friday Potluck at EKat's Kitchen
Hearth 'n Soul Recipe Swap at Premeditated Leftovers

Miz Helen's Country Cottage Full Plate Thursday  



3 comments:

suzyhomemaker said...

I love homemade blue cheese dressing. I make it almost the same, minus the sour cream but I add worcestershire and some heavy cream. It is so easy, there really is no need to buy a bottle.

Miz Helen said...

Hi Jackie,
I wish that salad was sitting in front of me for lunch, it looks so good. Your dressing looks awesome, I will try it. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week end and come back soon!
Miz Helen

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

Lovely dressing - homemade dressings always taste best! Thank you for sharing your delicious Chunky Bleu Cheese Dressing with the Hearth and Soul hop.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails