Thursday, March 11

Sunny Day

The layout of the pictures was bugging me, so I changed it...

**********

It's been so nice outside for the last couple of days.  We wake up in the morning and there is bright sunshine streaming through the windows.  I am ready for spring.

But of course, me being the non-outdoorsy type, "ready for spring" means I am ready to break out the flip flops.  That's as far as it goes.  If I am feeling really adventuresome I might don a pair of capris.  I live on the edge.  

But I am trying to get better, because I know the Peanut needs to get outside and I want her to enjoy the outdoors.  So on Monday, I took her out to the common area to play with her ball.  It also gave me an excuse to play with the manual settings on the camera.  It wasn't quite "no coat" weather, as there was a breeze and it was still a little chilly, but it definitely was too warm to put bundle her up like this.

Instead, she got to wear her new little rain jacket that Grandma got her.  Because we get so much rain here!  Weather.com says on average less than nine inches a year.  That's a far cry from the average of 55 inches back in HomeTown.

I think my Mom wants us back home.  Yeah, me too.

So I am starting to learn that great pictures are all in the editing.  Some of you are probably thinking, "Duh."  But, live and learn, right?  I wouldn't say these are professional grade in any way, but I am getting better...




























I remember our wedding photographer saying that cloudy days are best for outdoor shots.  I can see why...everything in the picture intensifies in the bright sun--the shadows, the pale skin, etc.

I will have to keep that in mind.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails