Monday, March 29

Homemade Bread Sticks

We had pizza the other night for dinner and I had some dough left over so I whipped these up.  They turned out really well so I made them again to go with the spaghetti I made for dinner tonight. 































Jackie's Bread Sticks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

For the dough, I just used the basic dough recipe from my bread maker cookbook:

1 1/8 cup warm water
1 1/2 Tbls oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 cups flour
2 tsp active dry yeast

Place the ingredients in the maker according to the manufacturers directions and use the dough setting. Once the cycle is finished, punch the dough and let rest about 5 minutes. Spread a little olive oil on your baking stone and press the dough into the stone.

Drizzle additional olive oil on the dough (about 1 Tbsp.) and then sprinkle garlic seasoning on top--I used Johnny's Garlic Seasoning and Spread, probably around 2-3 tsp.  Sprinkle about 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.  Slice with a pizza slicer and serve.

This recipe is linked to:

Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday
Blessed With Grace Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap  








5 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Yum! tasty tasty!

Tracey said...

These sound delicious! (By the way, you have some great pictures on your blog!)

Brenda said...

Yummmm, I love breadsticks!

annies home said...

we love breadsticks and these look great

MrsJenB said...

How delicious! What a fantastic idea - I already make bread whenever I get a chance, this is just logical! Thank you for the great idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails