Saturday, April 16

Tried It & Loved It: Mocha Banana Muffins














I've shared with you our love for muffins around here.  When I came across this recipe, I thought it sounded so good, I tried them out the next morning and they didn't disappoint. We've already had these several times.  I did adapt them a little (of course!) for how we cook in our household and they were very well received!  I was also concerned about the coffee (caffeine) being in them with Peanut and she didn't seem to have any more energy than normal, so if you are worried, it shouldn't be a problem.






















Mocha Banana Muffins ~ adapted from the Happy Housewife 

2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup strong black coffee
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup rapadura or light brown sugar
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup  cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup walnuts chopped (optional)
1 cup coconut (optional)
1 cup milk chocolate chips (optional)

 Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper liners and set aside. 

In a large bowl, mix together eggs, buttermilk, coconut oil, coffee, bananas, vanilla extract and sugar.  In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.  Make a well in the dry ingredients and mix in the wet with the dry, stirring until batter is just moistened.  Mix in additional add ins if using.

Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Makes approximately 18 muffins. 



1 comment:

Amanda Thomas said...

I love banana muffins with my coffee in the morning....but now coffee in my banana muffin?! I'm definitely going to try these!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails