Saturday, April 23

Tried It & Loved It: Italian Cheese Totellini Soup














Tortellini is one of those foods that I still buy.  Is it processed?  Absolutely.  Does it have preservatives?  Although I can't say for sure, I think it's a pretty safe assumption.  I've seen Alton make tortellini which I am sure is amazing and it honestly doesn't look that hard.  However it does look very time consuming, and I have a very active two and half year old and those two just don't mix.  So for now, I allow myself a purchased bag of frozen tortellini now and again. 

This comes together really fast and with the fresh spinach in it--I don't even feel bad about the tortellini.  I've also made it with a box of frozen spinach (thawed, drained, and wrung out) and it works very well too.

Give it a try....it's definitely a winner!






















Italian Cheese Tortellini Soup ~ from Sabby in Suburbia

2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans diced tomatoes
6 cups chicken broth
4 1/4 cups (1 lb) frozen cheese tortellini
3-4 handfuls fresh spinach, chopped roughly
1/4 cup basil pesto
Parmesan cheese, grated

In a large stock pot, saute garlic in olive oil over medium heat in fragrant.  Add in diced tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil.  Add in tortellini and cook according to package directions.  Once pasta is cooked, reduce heat and stir in spinach and pesto.  Once spinach is wilted, soup is ready to serve.  Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails