Monday, April 18

Sugar Scrub: Easy Homemade Exfoliant

This is so stinking easy you'll cry.  Well, you may not cry, but you know what I mean.  My really good friend's sister went to massage therapy school and this was a recipe she got in one of her classes.  We were lucky enough to have it passed on to us!  It is works so good on all of your skin, but it is especially nice for those poor little feet that are about to be tortured by flip flops for the next six months. 

The original recipe does call for hibiscus powder, which I am told you can find at a health food store.  The first time I made this my Whole Foods didn't carry a "powder" but they did have dried hibiscus flowers which I threw in my food processor and processed as finely as I could.  It does work and it makes the scrub a beautiful pink color, however it does make quite a mess in the shower, so user be warned.  For me--I have enough to do and would rather not have to add a daily shower scrubbing to my routine--so I opted out of the hibiscus powder/flowers this time around. 

This also makes a thoughtful and inexpensive gift when packaged up in it's own little container.  Think half pint canning jar with a pretty little description tag tied on with raffia.  So cute!
































Sugar Scrub

3/4 cup table sugar
almond oil
1/2 teaspoon essential oil (like lavender or orange or grapefruit or....)

Place sugar in mixing bowl and stir in oil to desired consistency--I added enough oil until mine was about the consistency/thickness of jam--approximately 1/4 cup?.   Once desired consistency, stir in essential oil.  Store in airtight container.



♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

This recipe is linked to:

Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday
Blessed With Grace Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Designs By Gollum Foodie Friday
Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap
Friday Potluck at EKat's Kitchen
Hearth 'n Soul Recipe Swap  
Miz Helen's Country Cottage Full Plate Thursday 

We Are THAT Family's Works For Me Wednesday 





4 comments:

Ask Ms Recipe said...

Hello Foodie,
Stopping in with from Ask Ms Recipe. I've got a food linky on Marvelous Menu for you to link so we can visit each other.
Until Next time,
Nina

Judy said...

I hear you on flip-flop tortured feet...I used to swear I'd never let my feet get as dry as my mom's did...I think they get worse in the summer.

Becky Perry said...

Looking forward to trying this, especially on the feet!

The Wise Alternative 918-836-0565 said...

Maybe a jar with a football or a nascar pic on it for the guys?? Probably better just to score some points with the missus..

Thanks for sharing at the hearth and soul hop 44.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails