Friday, December 10
My Top Ten Favorite Christmas Songs
I ♥ Christmas music. When I was younger, I may or may not have started listening to Christmas music as early in the year as July or August. I may have even listened to it as I was in labor with Peanut. No, she wasn't born around the holidays--she was born in September. I know, I know. But I can't help it. It's my favorite. And I not really a "music" person, so that is saying something.
I thought I would share some of my favorites with you...
1. Jesus, Born on This Day ~ Mariah Carey. I love, love, love this song. And guess what? Mariah Carey wrote it. I know. This was also redone by Avalon too. I have that version as well. It's just so good.
2. Carol of the Bells/What Child Is This ~ Point of Grace Carol of the Bells used to be my very favorite, but it's standing has since been replaced--see #1.
3. White Christmas ~ Bing Crosby ~ You just can't mess with the classics. Holiday Inn is one of my favorite Christmas movies. This song was in this movie before it was in White Christmas. A lot of people don't know that.
4. Away in a Manger ~ Third Day ~ This has been a favorite since I was a little girl.
5. Gloria ~ Mercy Me ~ Well, despite what I said on #3, this one is an exceptional exception to the rule. I love the spoken parts.
6. One King ~ Point of Grace ~ LOVE this song.
7. While You Were Sleeping ~ Casting Crowns ~ This one has such a good message. Very thought provoking.
8. Not That Far From Bethlehem ~ Point of Grace ~ Can you tell I like this album? This song also reminds me of my Mom's best friend who passed away. She sang this at her church's Christmas concert. Sigh.
9. Joy to the World ~ Chris Tomlin ~ This album is just really good all the way around.
10. Somewhere in My Memory ~ John Williams ~ This song reminds of my childhood Christmas'--all the joys of the holidays and no worries--just as a childhood should be.
11. Silent Night ~ Third Day ~ I know this is a top ten, but it's my list, okay? This is another really good one.
What are your favorite Christmas songs?