Thursday, December 23

Decorating the Castle

At least that is what Peanut called it.  I was constructing the gingerbread house and Peanut saw it and said,  "Mama building a castle!"






















This is my first one (excluding those I did as a small child--and those I only decorated) which is all from scratch and for some unknown reason, the roof didn't come out right.  User error I am sure--but I really don't know what happened.  I had the choice of either a ginger skylight or make late construction modifications.  I went with the pretzel stick modification.  Each year, I will get better at this, right?  Right?  Please tell me I am right.
























But Peanut had a grand time and that is why I did it.  I am sure we won't be eating any of it.  I do have a major sweet tooth--but not for candy or cookies that have been sitting out.






















Someone loved the Skittles.  She had more candy today than she's had in her entire life.  And not because I was allowing it.  She kept sneaking them.
























She also enjoyed "Putting candies in the door!"

It took all I had not to straighten her pieces and to allow her the creative liberty she wanted...but I did.

And I am glad I did.  

































This is definitely going to be a fun tradition to keep.  Tonight we are off to ChristmasTown and to drive around and look at Christmas lights...with homemade peppermint hot chocolate. We did it last year, but I think Peanut will definitely be more into this year as every time she sees lights, she exclaims, "Dose pretty!"  {Those pretty!}

What traditions do you have?



1 comment:

Angel Reuther said...

Love it!!!! I've always wanted to do "from Scratch", but seeing as you don't actually eat them we usually make ones from graham crackers. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails