Sunday, December 26

Christmas Treasures

We had a wonderful, very relaxed Christmas Day.   I was able to get a lot of my (cooking) prep work done on Christmas Eve afternoon, so all I had to do was put the roast in the slow cooker and put together the carrots and twice baked scalloped potatoes on Christmas Day.   I did a really easy breakfast, so I spent a very minimal amount of time in the kitchen.  I do like to cook, but I don't like to feel like I am missing time with my family, so it was nice to be avoid being in the kitchen all day.






















My Mom and Dad sent Peanut her very own kitchen set for Christmas--complete with bottom mount freezer.  I know.  We actually received the kitchen in the mail (from costco.com) about six weeks ago and Hubs put it together when we first received it.   So in the garage the kitchen sat, awaiting it's introduction into the life of a very excited 2 year old little girl.   












































And so excited she was...when she came downstairs Christmas morning she exclaimed "Pwesants!" {Presents!} and then she just stopped and smiled and looked back and forth between us and the kitchen.  You could practically see the wheels turning...a 'frigerator....pots, pans....[wooden] food galore....that little kitchen is just my size....I can actually reach that counter....I can cook like Mommy!

Needless to say she was thrilled, and she proceeded to saute cantaloupe, eggs, and bananas for us for breakfast--in the same pan.  It was quite....um, tasty.

I finally managed to tear Peanut away and give her her bath, and as she was playing in the water, I asked what other things she could cook in her kitchen.   She quickly responded, "Eggs and muffins and fruit and veg-tables and else...." {and other things}.






















And boys, I tell you.  When I brought Peanut down after her bath and the Hubs saw her in the same dress she wore for our family celebration of Christmas, he had a confused look on his face and asked why she was wearing the dress again.  I guess he didn't quite understand that we girls wear our Christmas dresses on Christmas--even if we don't go anywhere.  Duh. 

Then the poor little Peanut did dishes all day.  Every time we had to go do something (take a bath or a nap, etc.) she responded "I do dishes first."  She must think I do the dishes a lot, because that was her constant task throughout the afternoon.
























The Peanut also received this precious little ornament from her other grandma and grandpa.  I think it is quite fitting.
























And for the time being, the timer on our camera is working out great, as the Peanut just thinks it is the funniest thing to see/hear the camera snapping pictures on the tripod.























I hope you all had a wonderful, relaxed Christmas as well.  How did you celebrate? 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails