Wednesday, November 24

Grateful

I have most of my stuff done for tomorrow.  I have my homemade green bean casserole made (no cans here!) and I just have to make the onion straws before I put it in the oven tomorrow.  The horseradish carrots are prepped and all my stuffing items are chopped and awaiting assembly tomorrow morning.  I even made my own bread and dried it out.  I know!  The potatoes are cubed in water, awaiting their boiling water fate right before the turkey is done.  The cranberry sauce is done as well.  The pumpkin pie (no topping though, just sweetened cream) is baking as I type and let me tell you that 40 minutes is a lie.  It's been in there for over 60 minutes and it's still not done.  But it smells wonderful and I am excited to taste my first ever homemade pumpkin pie.  Let me clarify--I've had homemade pumpkin pie, I've just never made it myself.  And can I just share that it was nearly impossible to find a pie recipe that didn't call for a can of sweetened condensed milk or evaporated milk?  But then I got smart and looked on foodnetwork.com and looked at what the "celebrity" chefs do and they all do it the old fashioned way, so I was happy....you know, that whole avoiding processed foods thing again. 

Our little Peanut got to go out in the snow today.  She's a funny little girl--she's one that is gung ho about everything.  Eating, playing, running enands {errands}--you name it, she loves it.  But the snow?  Well, she didn't hate it by any means, but she didn't love it either.  Could be 'cause is so darned cold out there too, though, so I don't know...but I captured some cute pictures regardless.






















I just talked to my mom and they are getting ready for their big day tomorrow too.  And I am little sad, because we aren't able to be there, but overall, I am just thankful.  I am thankful the rest of my family can share the day together.  I am thankful that our little family can share our day together.  I am thankful for the big meal that we are able to have.  I am thankful for our nice, warm home.  I am thankful we are all healthy (minus my sinus infection that is taking it's sweet time going away--but I am much better, so I am thankful for that as well).  I am thankful for the so many little things we take for granted.   I am thankful for so much.

Simply put, we are blessed. 

And I am grateful. 

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails