Monday, November 1

Chicken Pesto Pizza

I had seen the idea for this recipe in a magazine or online or on TV within that last couple weeks.  But I couldn't possibly make it easy on myself and write the recipe down or at least where I could go find it, so I had to wing it.  It wasn't hard and I think the pizza had a great mix of flavors, but I thought it was a little dry.   

Just sayin--I know we typically only show our wonderful successes in the recipe blog world, but there is always room to improve our cooking and techniques--our craft so to speak--and I could always use some constructive feedback! 

I think the next time I do it (there will be a next time--it was good enough to attempt again!) I will add in some cream to the pesto to make it a creamy pesto sauce--plus it will add an extra layer of flavor...and calories.  But you could also go for the red rather than the white--tomatoes and basil are always good too or you could add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil...decisions, decisions.

























But in case I didn't completely scare you all off and you still wanted to give it a go, here it is....

Chicken Pesto Pizza

1 pizza crust (I did whole wheat)


2/3 cup pesto
1/3 cup cream or pizza sauce (I will be doing this next time!)
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced (tip:  the jar from Costco is really inexpensive and they come already julianned--is that a word?)
1/2 cup artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated


Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Spread pizza crust in pan or baking stone.   Mix pesto and cream or pizza sauce and spread evenly over the dough.  Layer chicken, sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and cheese evenly over sauce.  Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until pizza is cooked through. 

 


This recipe/kitchen tip is linked to:

Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday
Blessed With Grace Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap

Hearth 'n Soul Recipe Swap 



What do you think?  What should I do differently next time? 



4 comments:

Christy said...

Pizza is one of the most amazing foods - so many delicious variations - and flavors. I like my pizza a little wet - so I would definitely add something to make it so. Thanks for sharing this with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop!

Brenda said...

I put cream on my pesto pizza too but I have never heard of anyone else doing that. Makes a great sauce for the pizza

Miz Helen said...

We just love a good Pizza Night at our Cottage. Your recipe looks great. Thank you so much for sharing it.
Miz Helen

Miranda | Mangoes and Chutney said...

This is awesome! You should link up at Fat Camp Fridays as well!
http://www.mangoesandchutney.com/2010/11/fat-camp-friday-3-chocked-full-o-candy.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails