Monday, May 10

Homemade Ranch Dressing

My mom made this during our Mexican feast last weekend and it is soooo good.  Plus you can totally do it with pantry ingredients and it is still very, very good.  It is from the Chevy's Fresh Mex Cookbook, and like the marinade I posted awhile back, this is delicious! 




























El Ranch-O Dressing--from Chevy's Fresh Mex Cookbook (sidebar on right)

***I adjusted this recipe to what I had on hand--my mom made it according to the recipe-yum! and I made it to what I had on hand--still just as yum!***

1 cup buttermilk (you can make your own if you don't have any)
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice (didn't have it, used lemon juice from fridge--yes, Mom, I know this is a no no)
1 tablespoon minced cilantro (didn't have it, didn't add it)
1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano (used dried)
1 tablespoon minced yellow onion (used red--it's what I had out at the time)
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise

Combine the buttermilk and all dry ingredients, whisking until combined.  Add the mayo and whisk until smooth.  Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to develop flavors.  The dressing will keep up to one week in an airtight container. 

This recipe is linked to:

Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday
Blessed With Grace Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap   

Life as Mom Ultimate Recipe Swap  





7 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

This is good to know! I don't normally keep ranch dressing on hand but every now and again I really want some! It's good to know I can just whip this up. Approximately how much does it make?

JessieLeigh said...

Mmm... sounds tasty! Love the way you keep it real with you "really" used. We all do this, but it's refreshing to see the honesty right out there! Thanks for sharing! :)

Heather said...

Sounds really good! We love ranch dressing, but don't like the preservatives, so I'm compiling lots of homemade recipes for ranch. This one looks delish :)

Brenda said...

I really enjoy homemade ranch dressing. I prefer it with real buttermilk, it adds a special zing.

Lucy Marie said...

Do you mind if I post this on my kitchen blog (linked back to you, of course!)

Ms. Kiki said...

Holy wow! I just made this and it's delicious! :)

readwatchrelax said...

have to say i'm kinda excited to try this! not big on cilantro so glad to see you didn't add it and it was still delish :)
speaking of delish - looking at that pic makes me want a salad, like now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails