Saturday, May 15

Appreciate It All

So I just watched this video tonight....um, can you say tear jerker?

I've been reflecting a lot on my role as a mother.  Probably because of Mother's Day?!?!?  I can hardly believe it's almost been two years.   

Crazy.

After the gift from my mom and seeing that video, it's almost as if God is trying to reassure me in my role as a stay at home mom and remind me of how thankful I should be in the ordinary...it's all those little moments that make it worthwhile.

Like the fact that she is ready for the NBA...



























 

If you believe that, I've got some great ocean front property in Arizona available....

 






Or that she now loves her sunglasses as much as Mommy does hers...



























and how I could learn a thing or two about dancing from her~








































and how running at the park and blowing bubbles and having pigtails are some of the simpilest joys in life...





























and how we won't always have lazy Saturday mornings with late breakfasts.  And that we got to go out and play in our pajamas and bed hair with our "bite" {bike}...





























and those other moments are SO not worth the fuss I think they are at the time.

Like when the Peanut appeared to be ready to have quartered pieces of sandwiches, rather than the diced up little bites I had been giving her....


















































...only the next day to find her licking the peanut butter and jelly off the said quartered pieces of bread and not eating the bread at all.  Grrrr.....

Then there was the day that she finally seemed to be ready to leave a barrette in her hair (boy, I was kidding myself on that one), as she left it in for several hours!

I kid you not, as soon as I got the picture of the barrette in her hair, I turn around and she is pulling the barrette out of her hair.  I guess she figured the photo opportunity was done, so no need for it any more.  





























But I keep reminding myself, like the author of the The Gift of the Oridinary Day, just to appreciate each day.  Pretty soon she is going to be deciding which colleges to apply to and which electives she is going to take.  The house will be too quiet once again just as it was only two eighteen years ago.  And the silly barrettes and sandwiches will only be a memory and how I just wish I could get those days back.    

Just enjoy it all, Jackie....it's really not that big of a deal. 








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails