Thursday, May 5

Another First

Peanut's firsts seem to occurring less and less.  And I realize she is also starting to experience lasts now too.  So, so sad.  My sister gave Peanut the Karen Kingsbury childrens book Let Me Hold You Longer and I can't read the book to Peanut without crying.  No matter how hard I try not to, it still happens.  

Every. Stinking. Time.


What is so exasperating is that the Peanut knows this.  She and I have this ritual of snuggling on the chair in her room after bath time.  She is wrapped up in her bath towel and we brush her teeth and then I read her a story.  She walks over to the bookshelf (in the buff no less) and picks out a book.  She grabs the Karen Kingsbury book and then gives me this sly, sideways glance and a smirk.  I kid you not.  Then she carries the book over to the chair and hands it to me and says, "It will be okay."   Which of course is my response to her whenever she cries.  What a little comedian, huh?



























Anyhow, back to the firsts.  A few nights ago, as we were about to enjoy our first strawberry shortcake of the season, I realized she had never been introduced to licking the beaters.  So she had her maiden beater licking experience. 

Needless to say, she was a fan.  Her response was, "Mommy, you make good cream." 

I have to agree if I do say so myself. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw Jackie, I got a little choked-up reading this. (I also did when I bought that book for you.) Peanut is oh so precious! Love you all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails