Wednesday, September 30

Chicken Parmesan with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans


This ranks right up there on my top 10 favorite recipes of all time. It is so good and so easy. It's really, really fast and simple to make. Sadly though, I cannot claim the rights to this recipe. It comes from a cookbook that is a collection of recipes from some cooking classes that my mom and her best friend took together for several years. There are some pretty amazing recipes in it. I would link up to it, however it is not sold in stores. :( I do modify it just slightly, as I think it calls for too much salt.

Parmesan Chicken

1 cut up fryer or chicken pieces of choice (I usually use boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
1 cup dry bread crumbs
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c minced parsley
2 tsp salt (I usually use less than 1 tsp)
1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 1/2 cubes butter, melted
4 cloves of garlic, pressed (I usually mince mine)

Blend bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Combine melted butter and garlic. Dip chicken into butter, then into breading mixture, coating thoroughly. Arrange chicken in single layer in shallow baking dish. Drizzle any remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for about 1 hour or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165.

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

2 pounds of red potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup butter
milk
salt and pepper

Place potatoes and garlic in stove pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are fork tender. Drain off water, add butter and mash potatoes, adding milk for desired consistency. We prefer ours pretty creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Serve with a vegetable and enjoy. Our green beans were from the garden this year! Thanks, Dad!

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

That looks like my kind of meal!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails