Sunday, September 6

First Celebration

The Peanut's first birthday party came and went already...just like so many of her other firsts. Her first time in the car, her first time rolling over, her first bite of real food, and now her first birthday celebration has come and gone too. :( Let me tell you, I have been an emotional basket case this week! You'd think I was still postpartum by the way I have been crying lately! No, that was done a while ago...unfortunately I have no excuse for the big weeping mess I have been this week!

Her party, however, went well. MUCH to the help of my parents and husband. They all prop me up and make me look good. :) I think everybody got enough to eat (the Mexican theme seemed to be a hit) and the cake and ice cream was really good too.

Here are just a few of the highlights....

The Peanut helping open her gifts...as usual the wrapping was MUCH more fascinating.

The cupcakes, or "pupcakes" as my niece calls them, turned out fabulous! I baked both chocolate and banana cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and DH's talented aunt made flower toppers at my request. I thought they turned out sooo pretty!

My mom purchased some exquisite bouquets at a local farmers market....lovely!

I didn't get a picture of the yummy food, but I did get one of my handsome grill master!

The Peanut finally had some ice cream today, but only after months of begging by my mom. Our little girl can really turn on the charm! Where do they learn that??!?!!

We had a lot of fun, but it was a L.O.N.G. day! We are very blessed to have such a wonderful family that loves and cares for our little Peanut.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails