Tuesday, June 26

Bassinet Building

Just getting a few more things done today.....

like putting together the bassinet for our little guy.  This was Peanut's.  I guess I have already broken my promise to Hubs of no photographic evidence of the little guy using the girly bassinet.   But I can't, in good conscience, justify spending another $150-$200 on a "boy's bassinet" when we only used Peanut's for about a month. 

I simply couldn't sleep with her in the same room as me.  Babies make all sorts of little noises when they sleep and every little noise she made kept. me. awake.  So within about 5 weeks time, she was in her crib in her room and I was stealing sleep when I could.  And you know?  It worked for us.  Now with having a three and half year old and a baby, I know those precious moments of sleep will need to be embraced even more. 


And at the end of the day, a bassinet with flowers on it won't hurt him in the least. 

Plus, I think it's a good reminder to Hubs, that those bigger baby purchases should have been more gender neutral.  After all, he's the one that insisted on all things girly when registering for Peanut nearly four years ago. 

Hmmmmm........



 

3 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Eeek. So. Very. Soon.

I don't blaem you about not getting a less feminine one. We used ours with Eva for only 7 weeks - and had just borrowed it. Thankfully, someone else had one again this time around for us to borrow.

Katie said...

Looks like Big Sister is having fun helping!

Naomi said...

Yay! I've FINALLY found another mom who thinks it's ok to not have her baby in her room :) I also struggled to sleep with our first beside me, so for my sanity #2 and #3 never slept in our room. Most people look at me like I just arrived from another planet when I tell them that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails