Tuesday, August 25

Veggie Pizza

A dear friend of mine gave me this recipe shortly after high school. That is getting to be a really long time ago. It is really more of an appetizer food, but I came across the recipe the other day and decided to make it for dinner. It has always been a hit at potlucks and get-togethers--I don't know of anyone who doesn't like it...except of course, your run of the mill picky eaters who don't like anything that's green. But everyone else likes it.

I have modified it a little, as I make the crust from scratch...


Veggie Pizza

1 pizza crust (The original recipe calls for the refrigerated crescent rolls in the tube. You simply unroll these and press flat onto a cookie sheet and bake until done. Nice and easy, but I have more time than money so I use my bread machine to make the dough from scratch and then bake and let cool...see below.)
8 oz. cream cheese
1 tablespoon ranch seasoning (or you can use about 1/2 a packet of pre-made seasoning)
Toppings of your choice (I use broccoli, carrots, red pepper, black olives, green onions, and cheddar cheese)

I use the basic dough recipe from my bread maker:

1 1/8 cup warm water
1 1/2 Tbls oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 cups flour
2 tsp active dry yeast

Place the ingredients in the maker according to the manufacturers directions and use the dough setting. Once the cycle is finished, punch the dough and let rest about 5 minutes. Spread a little olive oil on your baking stone and press the dough into the stone.



Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes.

This of course can be done earlier in the day or while your crust is cooling, mix your seasoning into the cream cheese and chop up your veggies of choice. Once your crust is cool, spread the seasoned cream cheese onto the crust and spread your toppings evenly. Slice up and enjoy!

1 comment:

SnoWhite said...

yum! that looks so tasty. thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails