Wednesday, August 5

Potato Salad

Do we really need another potato salad recipe? I mean, doesn't everyone think that their grandma/aunt/cousin/mom makes the best potato salad? I for one, think my granny made the best potato salad. However when it comes down to it, really any homemade potato salad is better than store bought from your grocers deli. Blech! The store bought stuff is really not my favorite. But my granny's is my favorite, so here is my modified version. This feeds an army, but of course you can modify portions as needed.



Potato Salad

5 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed
1 dozen hard boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 can black olives, sliced
1 cup diced dill pickles
1 cup diced sweet onion (I prefer the milder flavor)

2 cups Best Foods Mayonnaise (I am a huge proponent of store brand, but there are just some areas you can't compromise)
1/4 cup spicy prepared mustard
salt and pepper, to taste

I use the red potatoes because then I don't have to peel them. Potato salad is enough work without all the peeling! Plus, the skins are good for you. Place your scrubbed potatoes in a large stockpot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender. Drain off the water and then refrigerate overnight or until cool.

Cube your potatoes and mix the remaining ingredients together. Refrigerate several hours before serving and enjoy!


This recipe is linked to Life As Mom Ultimate Recipe Swap!  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails