Monday, June 21

Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Pops

A few weeks ago, I made these with my new Popsicle molds (similar to these) and they were fabulous, although I think I might add more peaches the next time I make them.  I prefer a little more peachy flavor.

I had some leftover plain yogurt and decided to experiment and make some chocolate pops. And if I do say so myself, they were pretty darn good.  At least that was Peanut's reaction, because she kept asking for "Bite...bite...bite...BITE."  Then I would give her a stern look and her look of urgency would turn into an angelic smile and she would say sweetly, "Pease."  {please}

They learn quickly, don't they?  































  
Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Pops

1 cup milk
4 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup plain yogurt

Heat milk, sugar, and cocoa powder in sauce pan until sugar and cocoa are fully blended with the milk.  Remove from heat and refrigerate until cool, about two hours.  Once cooled, stir in vanilla and yogurt to chocolate mixture until completely blended.  Pour into molds and freeze entirely--mine took about 5-6 hours.

Enjoy!


This recipe is linked to:

Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday
Blessed With Grace Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap

Life as Mom Ultimate Recipe Swap  





10 comments:

Brenda said...

I love these healthy summer recipes!

Unknown said...

These look yummy! We made frozen yogurt pops this weekend, too - only I cheated and used the little Danonino yogurt cups. :) Following from TMTT.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Oooh, I've never made frozen yogurt pops. These sound delish!!

Thank you for sharing!
Sherry

Emily T. Thomas said...

Great recipe! I think I'll skip the heating part and use Maple syrup instead of sugar!! *Blessings*

Melinda said...

These look yummy! Chocolate yogurt is wonderful!

the country cook said...

LOVE IT! Chocolate and cold go well together in the summer. Sounds excellent! - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

Tasha Lehman said...

How easy and fun! The kids will love this!

Lynn said...

Just printed this one out. I'm going to try and make them this weekend. They look wonderful!

Unknown said...

My son would love these. He is really into popsicles right now.

FishMama said...

LOVE this! Do you recommend a certain kind of mold? I have been hard-pressed to find any.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails