Tuesday, June 9

Works for Me Wednesday--Cleaning Your Microwave

I hate cleaning our microwave. And I am probably the one that gets it the most dirty too. Ironic, I know. I just found a tip (from a magazine? although I can't remember which one) for such easy cleaning. And it's frugal. And it's earth friendly. But I love the easy part. Simply set a bowl of water in your microwave with several tablespoons of lemon juice and boil the water. It took about four minutes in ours to boil. Then let the bowl sit in the microwave for ten minutes. The steam softens any cooked on food (not that that ever happens in our house) and you can just wipe it down with a cloth. It's as easy as that!


For other great tips, please visit Kristen at We Are That Family.


4 comments:

Kristen said...

Great tip! I am going to try it today.

Pattie said...

I do this! Except I use a pyrex measuring cup for the lemon water.

annies home said...

yes that is a great tip and works terrific

Christen said...

I am going to try this TODAY! I hope it works, because I hate cleaning out the microwave and it seems to always need it. Thanks for the tip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails