Thursday, June 18

Guess What I Did on Monday?


So this is a little late in posting, but I went and picked strawberries on Monday and made some freezer jam! It was a lot of work (my legs are still sore from picking berries) but I know I will appreciate all the yummyness this winter when all the seasonal fruits are gone for a reasonable price that won't break our budget. You know, when you only can choose between the ever present apples, bananas, and oranges. It is way cheaper than buying berries (strawberries were $1.25/lb.) and the taste sure beats what you can buy in the store. And the color is beautiful. You know they say, you taste with your eyes first. :) I only got 11 pounds of berries and I am going to have more than plenty for my family, so there will be plenty for Christmas gifts too! Stay tuned when August rolls around when the apricots are in season...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails