Saturday, November 12

Tried It & Loved It: Gingerbread Muffins














Another fine muffin recipe to add to our muffin rotation.  These just scream "Christmas" to me.  They are very similar in taste to my family favorite ginger snap cookies, so what a treat to have these little lovelies first thing in the morning.  I apologize, as I didn't get a picture, but Sara has a great little picture of these on her blog, Finding Joy in My Kitchen.

These are a real treat....I hope you get to try them out!

Gingerbread Muffins ~ slightly adapted from Finding Joy in My Kitchen

2 C white whole wheat flour (I used my soft white wheat)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 1/2 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. cloves
1/2 C brown sugar, packed (I used regular sugar because sucanat doesn't have the molasses stripped from it and with additional molasses in the recipe, I didn't know how it would taste)
1/4 C coconut oil, melted
1/2 C molasses
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 C buttermilk

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray muffin pan with non stick spray or line with paper liners and set aside. 

In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.  Set aside.

In a seperate bowl, mix together sugar, molasses, egg, vanilla and buttermilk.  Mix wet ingredients into dry and when almost completely mixed, pour in coconut oil and finish mixing to combine.

Fill muffin cups two thirds full and bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Let cool about 10 minutes prior to removing from pan. 

Slather with lots of butter and enjoy! 


 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails