Monday, November 7

Chili Cheese Dip

This isn't that kind of chili cheese dip.  You know the ooey gooey processed cheese (chemicals) and a can of chili dip.  But you know?   That other stuff is good.  No redeeming nutritional value whatsoever, but good.  This is all just to clarify that I have eaten junk (and liked it!) and lived to tell about it.  ;)

Anyhow, I set out to make a recipe the other night and realized I didn't have all the ingredients, so I just came up with my own version.  The verdict?  Amazing.

Like so amazing I would have ate it all for dinner and not left any for Hubs when he got home amazing.  But I was a good little wifey and I did leave some for Hubs.

Begrudgingly.



























Chili Cheese Dip

8 oz. cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup mayo
2 cans (4 oz. each) diced green chilies
1 cup Monterrey jack cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs (see my tip here)
Diced jalapenos for topping, if you like the extra heat (Peanut and I don't, but Hubs does)
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Mix together softened cream cheese and mayo until well blended.  Add in chilies and Monterrey cheese and mix evenly.  Place in an oven proof bowl and top with bread crumbs.  Heat until warm and starting to bubble and bread crumbs are browned on top, about 15 to 20 minutes.  Top with additional jalapenos if desired.

Serve with veggies, chips, crackers or bread slices. 


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

This recipe is linked to:

Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday
Blessed With Grace Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Designs By Gollum Foodie Friday
Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap
Friday Potluck at EKat's Kitchen
Hearth 'n Soul Recipe Swap at Premeditated Leftovers

Miz Helen's Country Cottage Full Plate Thursday  



4 comments:

Rose @ Walnut Acre said...

This looks so good!

Miz Helen said...

Jackie,
This looks like an awesome dip! Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week end and please come back soon.
Miz Helen

Janie said...

This sounds amazing!! Can't wait to try it :)

Stopping by from Full Plate Thurs.

Alea Milham said...

Last time i visited I only had a minute, so I stumbled your post vowing to come back and telly you that sounds fantastic! Perfect for the holiday party season. Thanks for sharing your recipe with the Hearth and Soul Hop.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails