Saturday, September 10

Tried It & Loved It: Vanilla Biscotti














I have had biscotti on my list of things to bake for a LONG time.  Like over a year ago long time.  I know.  I remember making some when I still lived with my parents, and I loved it.  I wanted to try my hand at it again and I finally got around to it.

A few weeks ago I sat down and found a recipe and made this wonderful biscotti.  I can't wait to make some more!  Next time, I plan on adding in some fun little yummies, like almonds or dried cranberries.....or maybe even both.  I so would have this time, but I didn't have any on hand, so vanilla it was.  It was still so tasty.  Crumbly and buttery just like it should be.  A great accompaniment to my coffee.  Need I say more? 
































Vanilla Biscotti ~ from King Arthur Flour

6 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup sugar (I did use sucanat, which is why the uneven color to my biscotti)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 large eggs
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour (I did.....can you believe it?)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease a baking sheet for biscotti.  Set aside.

In a stand mixer, using paddle attachment, beat butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, and baking powder until mixture is evenly combined.   Add in eggs; mix until creamy.  Add in flour and mix until evenly combined.  Dough will be sticky. 

Scoop dough onto prepared pan, and shape into a flattened log.

Bake for 25-30 minutes.  Remove from the oven and allow to cool about 30 minutes.  Using a spray bottle with room temperature water, lightly and evenly spritz water on biscotti log.  This will make the biscotti easier to slice.  Using a serrated knife, slice biscotti into 1/2 - 3/4 inch slices.

Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.

Set the biscotti on edge on baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.  They will appear dry and be starting to turn golden when they are done.  They still may be a tiny moist in the center, but they will continue to dry as they cool.  Remove from oven and transfer to rack to cool.

Store in an air container for several days. 



  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails