Saturday, February 12

Tried It & Loved It: Homemade Coffee Creamer















What can I say?  This is a staple at our house now.  My wonderful friend referred me to this blog and I have been following it ever since.  I love the organic part of it, I love her photos, and her recipes all sound so wonderful.  I haven't quite got to her level of organicity (yes, that's a word--at least to me), although one day I hope to when the budget allows.   I haven't purchased store bought coffee creamers in awhile, but it was always more of a cost thing--then when Carrie mentioned that most don't even contain cream or milk, that just cemented my decision even further!

My personal favorite is the French Vanilla, while the Hubby's favorite is the Peppermint Mocha.  The Chocolate Almond is very good as well.  Carrie also just had a new post last week for two new creamers that readers suggested she make a version of and the Carmel Coffee Creamer with homemade caramel sounds won.der.ful.  Haven't tried that one yet, but I know I will--caramel isn't Hub's favorite (yes, I know) so that is the only reason holding me back.

But then I guess that means more for me, so I really don't know why I am waiting...

































Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer ~ from Carrie at Deliciously Organic

1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
4 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons cacao (I used standard, unsweetened cocoa powder--I told you I wasn't at that level yet)
1 teaspoon peppermint extract


In a two quart saucepan over medium heat, whisk together milk, cream, maple syrup, and cacao.  When mixture begins to bubble around the edges of the pan, remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the peppermint extract.  If desired, strain through a fine mesh sieve and pour into a glass bottle and store in the refrigerator.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails