Friday, March 6

15 or 16 Weeks Update. Close enough, right?

Thought I should give an update on this good ol' blog.  You know, since I dropped some fairly big news the last time I wrote.  I've been feeling pretty well.  I was pretty nauseous and tired there for awhile, but the nauseousness is pretty much all gone (yay for me!) and while I am still tired on occasion, I am feeling much more energetic than I was even just a month ago.    As of this writing I am 15 weeks along, which makes the graphic below entirely inaccurate.  But, close enough, right?  15.....16 weeks?  Gosh, I am already starting to sound like a three time mom. I am just too tired right now to pull up CS5 and create that photo all over again.  In my defense, I didn't even have a photo with me and the little brother between 13 and 19 weeks, so the fact that I am keeping up with a pregnancy photo every four weeks is a definite step up from last time!

According to all sorts of information on the internets, the baby is the size of an apple. Or in my case, a sack of apples.  Whichev.  Apparently, the nauseousness from a few weeks back certainly didn't inhibit my caloric intake.  As of about three weeks ago, I started testing my blood sugar again (I had gestational with the Peanut, but NOT the little brother) and since then, I've been trying to be really good.  And I've succeeded for the most part--I've had dessert at a few family functions, but I've curtailed my nightly candy intake completely.  Yes, I know. Like I really needed that!  Just know that that is a very REAL sacrifice for me and I've been doing it.  I've also been watching my overall carb intake, so hopefully my glucose test will be good like last time.   

We celebrated my sweet Hubs birthday yesterday.  The last year of his 30's.  Wow.  Because we are always on such a tight budget, we celebrated by taking the kids to a nearby park--one in the northern part of our county that we rarely, rarely visit. Our weather has been unseasonably dry and also warm--at least for this part of the country.  We packed a picnic lunch and the kids got to play for hours on the play structure and kick the soccer ball and play catch with daddy.  They even got juice boxes--a rarity.  (You should have heard them telling my parents about it later when they stopped by....juice boxes AND the park.  It was the best. day. ever.  At least they are easy to please!)   Then we came home and we all took naps (every one of us!) and for dinner we had the Daddy's birthday dinner request--grilled carne asada.  It was a really nice, relaxing day.

Finally, just a little picture I snapped of the kids a few weeks ago with my parents lab.  It's one of my new favorites!


 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails